Sunday, June 1, 2014

Training begins!

Today was my first official training run for the CIM. Since I was sick the last two weeks and inconsistent for a month or two before that, I only made it two miles. However, it was good to get out there and get started! I was tired at the end, but I still had the energy to go to the farmer's market and the grocery store, so that's good. Bought some fruit, which I'm usually too lazy to eat, so I have something good to eat after runs or during the long ones.  My friend Andee gave me a running watch which I haven't really figured out how to use yet except for the total time.

I joined DailyMile.com, so send me a friend request: http://www.dailymile.com/people/twnkltoz#ref=tophd (I think that works)

Also, my friend Rita invited me to a "100 Mile Summer" challenge, where you run 100 miles between June 1 and September 1. This is just over a mile a day, so my training schedule should get me there easily, but the more goals and milestones I have, the better. Looking to do a 5k and a 10k this summer and then a half marathon at Urban Cow in October. Bring it on, bitches!

Today: 2 miles. Pace: 15:25
Total: 2 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment